Staying safe while inside the bus is important. Suppose you are to rent a bus because your group plans to go on a long trip. Here are some safety tips for everyone to consider:
- Avoid putting baggage on the floor – Putting your baggage on the floor is not really that practical especially when it comes to emergency situations. Your seatmate might have a hard time getting out of your seat in case of a fire or some other emergency if your bag is in the way.
- Make sure bags are secured – Put your baggage in the proper compartments instead. If you put them in the overheard compartments, make sure they are secured so that they would not fall over during the trip. You would not want anybody to get hit by a falling bag, do you?
- Stay seated at all times – Some people love to stand up from their seats during bus trips. This is most especially when they get bored or when they want to stretch their legs. Discourage this. The bus might have to take sudden brakes and if some people are standing, they might get tossed off from where they are.
- Use seatbelts if there are any – Most buses have seatbelts and you might want to rent such buses especially if you plan to travel with children. If you happen to rent a bus with no seatbelts, then make sure that everyone stays securely seated.
- Never make too much noise – You would not want your group to make too much noise while on the bus. Yes, there is nothing wrong in having some fun. But too much noise might distract the driver. The bus driver needs to retain his focus on the road so that everyone will safely get to their destination.