These days, there are a lot of camping tents which allow campers to sleep comfortably through the night. One can even consider going camping with an off road tent trailer for great comfort. However, there are still a lot of people who can’t sleep in a tent. Well, here are some tips on how to sleep better in a tent.
- Wear yourself during the day – One of the best ways to ensure that you will not have a hard time sleeping at night is to wear yourself during the day. Camping provides so many opportunities to be physically active. Climbing, hiking, or trailblazing – take advantage of these things. You will easily fall asleep at night.
- Manage noise – Chirping crickets, hooting owls, and swaying branches – these sounds might sound very relaxing for most people. However, there are those who find them irritating. If you want total silence at night, make sure you bring earplugs with. They can also come in handy especially if you tent buddy snores very loudly.
- Ensure cleanliness inside the tent – It is important to make sure that your tent is free from dirt as well as food crumbs. You do not want ants crawling all over your body at night, do you? You also have to make sure that your tent buddies are clean and stink-free. Bad odor can prohibit you from sleeping soundly.
- Prepare for the temperature – It can really get chilly outdoors. Thus, it is important that you prepare for extreme temperatures. Do research on your chosen campsite beforehand and find out what temperature you will be dealing with.
- Avoid caffeine – It is nice to enjoy a cup of coffee or chocolate while having a campfire. However, if you know that caffeine will prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep, don’t drink caffeinated beverages. Opt for milk or even tea instead.