According to figures compiled in 2017, there are almost 1.5 million motorbikes in the United Kingdom and this figure is expected to surpass two million by the year 2020. Additionally, it’s worth noting that almost 15% of current car owners state that they’d consider swapping their vehicles for a motorcycle or moped to save on fuel and repair costs, which means that there will be hundreds of thousands of motorcycles sold during the next decade or so.
So if you’ve been considering the pros and cons of selling your motorbike in the near future, it’s important to act quickly in order to take advantage of this forthcoming wave. However, there are some notable bits of information that you should be aware of before you begin.
The Facts and Figures You Need to Know
Even with this impending surge in the popularity of motorbikes, it’s important to note that completing a lucrative sale is not as easy as you’d think:
- As a rule of thumb, it takes roughly three months to privately sell a car, truck, or SUV but it can take up to eight months to unload a used motorbike.
- After three months of continuously listing a motorbike with no success, 70% of owners will try to complete a trade-in with a local dealership.
- However, the vast majority of dealerships state that, “…money is never made on the actual sale; it’s made on the trade-in”, which explains why dealers usually offer 25% less than what your motorbike is worth.
- This is also the primary reason why 65% of the typical dealership’s inventory comes from trades, not new vehicles.
However, arguably the worst aspect of privately selling your motorbike is the fact that you’ll likely have to fork over hundreds of pounds for online advertising fees and database listings, which will cut into your proceeds and substantially reduce the final sale price.
How to Sell Your Motorbike Quickly
When it comes time to sell your motorbike swiftly and for a fair price, you should partner with a reputable specialty buyer in your vicinity, such as the WeBuyAnyBike organisation, for instance.
These friendly, compassionate buyers specialise in purchasing used motorbikes across the entire UK; best of all, they are able to put forth an incredibly easy, intuitive process:
- Log onto the buyer’s homepage with your web browser.
- Type in a few simple details about your motorbike or scooter, including the registration number, make, model, age, and kilometres.
- Obtain a personalised, valuable offer for your motorbike based on its current condition and the current market trends.
- Book a collection free of charge according to your schedule and preferences. These professional buyers have a full fleet of vans and vehicles to pick up your motorbike irrespective of where you happen to be.
- Receive a cash payment for the full value of your motorbike or request a direct bank transfer.
You will not have to worry about any obscure fees, hidden obligations, or procedural trickery, which is why these practical organisations represent the foremost resource for selling a motorbike in today’s day and age.
Your instant cash offer is just a few clicks away so get started on the process as soon as possible.